Review of Canvas
Canvas is a way for teachers, students, and parents to interact with each other. Teachers can share lecture notes, assignments, and grades. I have used Canvas in a few of my classes and wanted to write a review sharing the top pros and cons of the learning platform.
- Easy to navigate. I haven’t had a hard time finding assignments, readings, or lectures that the teacher posts.
- The mobile app is very convenient for me because I work full time.
- Kept all of my classes that used Canvas organized. I liked how it kept my class materials separate but all in one manageable place.
- Not the best grade tracker. It doesn’t take a lot of technical knowledge to be able to mess with grades. Most teachers have just used a separate software for grading and share with students in class what their progress is.
- Does not sync important dates to my personal google calendar or other digital calendars. I keep track of important reminders through google calendar.
- The inbox/message system is a nice tool, but does not work well. I found this feature to be another e-mail that would end up never being answered. I think if this was an instant message or “slack” like feature it would work.